Welcome to HackPR 2016!
HackPR 2016 is the perfect meeting place for the hacker and technology innovation community in Puerto Rico. Join us as a student or professional hacker to win more than 5k in prizes or as a visitors to participate in our job fair, exhibitors area, workshops and final hacks (projects) presentation at the end of the event.
- Coliseo Roberto Clemente, San Juan PR
- Saturday, Oct 15 – Sunday, Oct 16, 2016
- Registration Open: 8:00am
- Job Fair and Conferences start at 9:00am
Saturday, October 15th
|9:00 AM||Registration / Job Fair Starts|
|10:00 AM||Openning Ceremony|
|10:50 AM||Ley para Fomentar la Exportación de Servicios|
|11:05 AM||Incentivos Fílmicos y Video Juegos|
|11:20 AM||How Puerto Rico is Innovating|
|11:35 AM||Innovation from the Academia|
|11:50 AM||Programming Concepts|
|12:05 PM||Virtual and Augmented Reality|
|12:20 PM||Tecnología/Avances de Popular en el campo Digital & Start Up|
|1:00 PM||Hackathon Starts|
|2:00 PM||Data Science for a Better Puerto Rico|
|2:50 PM||Ley de incentivos y financiamiento para jóvenes empresarios|
|2:50 PM||Microsoft Bot Framework|
|2:40 PM||Using ATH Movil API|
|3:30 PM||Choosing your Hacking Tools|
Sunday, October 16th
|2:00 PM||Hackathon ends|
|3:00 PM||Project presentations|
|5:00 PM||Closing Remarks|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Hackathon?
As defined by wikipedia: A hackathon (also known as a hack day, hackfest or codefest) is an event in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers and project managers, collaborate intensively on software projects
What is HackPR?
HackPR is Puerto Rico’s biggest student hackathon heading into it’s 5th year. On our last edition we received more than 500 of PRs best developers and hardware hackers gather to create some awesome projects during a 24 hour span.
I’m not a student anymore, can I still participate?
HackPR is open for everyone and anyone.
What if I’m a newbie?
No problem, no prior knowledge is required to participate in HackPR. There will be on-site mentors ready to aid fellow hackers in the most popular languages and platforms.
What should I bring?
Essentially only a laptop and it’s charger. Bring all components needed for developing your hack. There will be tons of food, snacks and coffee at the event. There will also be tons of wall plugs and chairs, however it is encouraged that you bring a multiplug.
Teams should consist of no more than 4 members.
HackPR Event Rules
- Teams can have 1 to 4 members
- A participant can only belong (write code) to one group
- The use of any API is permitted; the use of our sponsor APIs is encouraged.
- All projects presented at HackPR must be developed during the event.
- Project contents must be general audience rated.
- Teams retain full ownership of their projects.
- Be respectful to other hackers
- Everybody must be identified at all times.
- All participants must respect and abide by HackPR rules.
- Please refrain from damaging public and private property.
- No alcohol or drug consumption allowed.
It’s not really about the prizes, but it’s also nice to be rewarded for your efforts.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Student Hackers
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Professional Hackers
- Best data.pr.gov Hack
- Best ATH Movil Hack
- Best Microsoft Bot Framework Hack
Prizes are subject to change. Prizes value will be revealed at the event.
Puerto Rico Science,Technology and Research Trust
The PRSTR mission is to invest, facilitate and build capacity to continually advance Puerto Rico’s economy and its citizens’ well-being through innovation-driven enterprises, science and technology and its industrial base.
Instituto de Estadísticas de Puerto Rico
El Instituto de Estadísticas de Puerto Rico tiene como misión:
- Elaborar la política de desarrollo de la función pública estadística,
- Coordinar el servicio de producción de estadísticas de las entidades gubernamentales, y
- Requerir información tanto al sector público como al sector privado.